This post was originally written in French. I have posted the original French copy of the file here, but have provided an English Babelfish translation below it.
Original French version:
C`est la semaine des amis. Carrie©Lee m`appelle aprÀ/Às souper;
GisÀ/Àle m`appelle pour aller prendre une marche ce soir. Je
reÀ'Àois une lettre de Richard et Luc hier. Ca me rend
nostalgique. C`est peut©À+Àtre aussi des pressentiments qu`ils et
elles ont. J`avais grandement besoin d`encouragement, d`amitiÀ)À
aujourd`hui. Je voudrais tellement une vie exotique et j`ai
l`impression de vivre la vie la plus banale qu`il n`y a pas.
Peut©À+Àtre que je ne fais rien de plus que de m`apitoyer sur mon
sort. Je ne le sais pas. Je regrette tellement choix faits dans
le passÀ)À. Je m`en botte le derriÀ/Àre. J`ai trop d`enfants pour
faire la vie que j`aimerais. Comment voyager avec quatre
enfants? Comment dÀ)ÀmÀ)Ànager aussi souvent que À'Àa nous plait avec
une grosse famille? Ca ne ce fait pas sans faire souffrir les
autres. Malheureusement, je ne suis peut©À+Àtre pas assez À)ÀgoÀ5Àste
pour À+Àtre une vraie artiste. Je le suis juste assez pour faire
souffrir ceux qui sont le plus prÀ/Às de moi, mais pas assez pour
prendre tout le temps nÀ)Àcessaire pour accoucher d`une vraie
oeuvre d`art. Heureusement, j`ai mon journal qui, parfois je
crois sera, bon grÀ)À mal grÀ)À, mon ultime oeuvre d`art. Quelque
chose de continu, de longue À)ÀchÀ)Àance, quelque chose de
spontanÀ)À...
Je reviens de ma marche avec GisÀ/Àle, Sophie, sa fille et Dali,
mon chien. Ca fait presque un an que Luc et Richard sont partis
et tout d`un coup, ils me manquent. J`imagine que leur prÀ)Àsence
dans ma vie ajoutait la petite touche exotique dont j`ai tant
besoin. DerniÀ/Àrement, je trouve que ma vie est banale, banale et
rien À!À l`horizon va changer. Ce soir, quand je suis revenue de
ma journÀ)Àe de planification de la programmation pour 1991 et
1992, j`avais envie de pleurer car je savais que j`À)Àtais prise À!À
la SFM une autre annÀ)Àee. J`essaie de me raisonner en me disant
que nous sommes dans une rÀ)Àcession, que je devrais À+Àtre
satisfaite de l`emploi que j`ai, du salaire que je fais. Mais
des bonnes conditions de travail, un bon salaire, un bon plan de
pension, À'Àa ne me dit pas grand chose. Je voudrais explorer
d`autres dimensionsÁ@
voudrais me laisser aller et revirer dans la folie. Je sais que
par moments, À'Àa frise, mais je finis par puiser des forces de je
ne sais trop oÀIÀ et reprendre une vie plus ou moins normale. Je
fonctionne au niveau de la famille, du travail, mais je sais que
je ne peux pas voir d`autres gens. Ces jours ci, par exemple, je
ne peux endurer des enfants d`ailleurs chez nous. Ca me rend
folle. Je tourne cela en farce. Je jure, je marmonne tout fort,
devant les enfants, devant Gilles. Ils trouvent cela drÀ=Àle et je
suis convaincu que vu de l`extÀ)Àrieur, À'Àa n`a pas l`air sÀ)Àrieux.
Tant mieux. Moi pourtant, je sais que je suis À!À un point oÀIÀ j`ai
de la peine À!À reculer ou avancer. Je n`ai pas de petit coin À!À
moi. J`aurais souvent envie de pleurer, d`À)Àclater, mais il n`y a
pas d`endroit propice À!À À'Àa. Je n`ose mÀ+Àme pas me laisser aller
la nuit en prenant des marches avec Dali, de peur que je croise
quelqu`un que je connais. J`ai souvent pensÀ)À me rendre À!ÀÔ
h)
l`hÀ=Àpital mais je sais que cela pourrait faire plus de tort que
de bien. Je sens que malgrÀ)À mes meilleures intentions,
j`atterrirai peut©À+Àtre lÀ!À quand mÀ+Àme, faute d`un autre endroit oÀIÀ
je pourrais me laisser aller.
J`ai peur. ExtrÀ+Àmement peur. Je connais beaucoup de femmes qui
ont eu des illusions de grandeur qui ont fini par sombrer dans la
folie sans que cette folie ait de valeur pour qui que ce soit.
Je me vois vieillir, de jour en jour. Je le vois en me regardant
dans le miroir le matin, je le vois dans mes relations avec le
monde, je l`entends dans mes commentaires. Je deviens une
vieille folle qui oublie les histoires qu`elle aurait pu
raconter. Je deviens une vieille folle qui perd la sagesse qui
vient de ne pas savoir. Je n`ose plus prendre de risques. Je ne
veux pas À)Àcrire mes mÀ)Àmoires À!À cent ans. Mais de quoi dois©je
À)Àcrire aujourd`hui?
Une petite fille qui grandit durant les mil neuf cent cinquante,
qu`est©ce qu`il y a À!À raconter? Je n`À)Àtais mÀ+Àme pas une petite
fille typique, ordinaire. J`À)Àtais dÀ)ÀjÀ!À une petite fille folle
qui mettait des balles dans ses pantoufles pour se donner
l`illusion qu`elle portait des talons hauts. Une petite fille
qui chantait, assise dans un champ de blÀ)À ou dans un prÀ)À. Je
m`amusais À!À cacher les bÀÀtons de ma mÀ/Àre en espÀ)Àrant manger moins
de coups pour quelques jours, mais en sachant que j`en mangerais
deux fois plus quand elle en trouverait un nouveau. DÀ)ÀjÀ!À je
rÀ+Àvais de m`À)Àchapper de ce monde laid, mÀ)Àchant, ordinaire. Quand
je me vois aujourd`hui, À!À peine trente milles d`oÀIÀ j`ai grandi,
travaillant À!À une petite jobine, À)Àlevant mes quatre enfants, je
m`en veux! Je m`en veux! Quand je vois l`À)Àtendue du monde, la
variÀ)ÀtÀ)À, tout cet inconnu devant moi et que je me vois encore
ici, c`est plus que je peux endurer. Je me demande vraiment
comment j`ai pu À+Àtre si ignorante. Je ne me leurre pas. Je sais
qu`il y a des beautÀ)Às ici. Je sais que le gens sont aussi petits
et bornÀ)Às ailleurs qu`ici. C`est que moi, en vivant ailleurs, je
saurais mieux les apprÀ)Àcier les beautÀ)Às d`ici. Je les verrais
d`un oeil plus neutre. De toute faÀ'Àon, plus je vieillis, plus
les gens me disent que je ne ressemble À!À rien À!À une francophone,
À!À une franco©manitobaine.
A quoi j`essaie d`en venir? A rien. Carrie©Lee m`a appeler pour
me dire qu`elle se marie au mois de septembre. Je crois que À'Àa
l`inquiÀ/Àte un peu. GisÀ/Àle m`a dit que sa mÀ/Àre est mourante et en
voyant Sophie ce soir, j`ai trouvÀ)À qu`elle a un visage diffÀ)Àrent
d`autres enfants. Elle est trÀ/Às À)ÀveillÀ)Àe mais je trouve qu`elle
a un oeil plus petit que l`autre, ce qui lui donne un curieux
regard. Elle est mignonne comme tout. Pourtant, je sais que
Jean©Pierre et GisÀ/Àle doivent s`inquiÀ/Àter vu ce qui s`est passÀ)À
la semaine de sa naissance.
Ais©je mÀ+Àme le droit de me plaindre de mon sort? Quels À)Àtaient
mes rÀ+Àves de jeune fille? J`allais À!À des concerts de gands stars
et je rÀ+Àvais du jour oÀIÀ moi©mÀ+Àme je serais vedette. Pour montrer
au monde que je pouvais quelque chose? Je ne suis pourtant pasÔ
h)
de celles qui recherchent la gloire. Ce que je veux? La paix.
Une place À!À moi. Une belle place, avec des couleurs vives,
chaudes. Un jardin qui sent bon oÀIÀ je peux admirer les
papillons, les oiseaux.
I dreamed of wonderful lovers; I still dream of wonderful lovers
whom for some unknown reason, I`ll never be able to make love to
freely and passionately like I once dreamed I would. I am a
passionate woman who has some deep©rooted fears I can`t seem to
escape. I try and convince myself I will one day conquer those
fears but another fear takes over. What if I am destined to be
one of those people who really believes she can control her
destiny and discovers it`s not true? Until now, I`ve controlled
so little of my life. To what point can I change what I am?
How can I change the way I take on the world? I just don`t know.
English Babelfish Translation:
It is the week of the friends. Carrie-Lee calls me after supper; Gisele invites me to go to take a walk this evening. I recois a letter of Richard and Luc yesterday. Ca returns to me nostalgic. It east can be as presentiments as they and they have. I largely needed encouragement, of amite today. I would like so much a life exotic and I have the impression to live the most banal life that there is not. Can be that I do not do anything more than of me apitoyer on my fate. I do not know it. I regret so much choices made in the master key. I m`en boot the derriere. I have too d`enfants to make the life which I would like. How to travel with four children? How of enager as often as Ca plait us with a large family? Ca this fact not without making suffer the others. Unfortunately, I am not can be not enough egouste to be a true artist. I am it just enough to make suffer those which are more close to me, but not enough to take all the time necessary to be confined of a true work of art. Fortunately, I have my newspaper which, sometimes I believe will be, good gre badly gre, my ultimate work of art. Something of continuous, long expiry, something of spontane...
I return from my walk with Gisele, Sophie, his daughter and Dali, my dog. Almost a year that Luc and Richard left and very a blow, they I make miss Ca. I imagine that their presence in my life added the small exotic key which I need so much. Dernierement, I find that my life is banal, banal and nothing has the horizon will change. This evening, when I returned my day of planning of the programming for 1991 and 1992, I wanted to cry because I knew that I etais taken has the SFM another anneee. I try to reason me by saying to me that we are in a recession, that I should be satisfied with employment that j`ai, wages which I make. But of the good working conditions, good wages, a good plan of pension, Ca do not tell me large thing. I would like to explore other dimensions but god knows what a! Times, I would like to let to me go and revirer in the madness. I know that by moments, Ca plank, but I end up drawing forces of I do not know too much or and taking again a more or less normal life. I function on the level of the family, of work, but I know that I cannot see other people. These days Ci, for example, I cannot endure children on our premises besides. Ca returns to me insane. I turn that in joke. I swear, I marmonne extremely, in front of the children, Gilles. They find that drole and I am convinced that seen of the exterior, Ca does not have the serieux air. Such an amount of better. Me however, I know that I am has a point or I have sorrow has to move back or advance. I do not have a small corner has me. I would often want to cry, of eclater, but there is no favourable place has Ca. I do not dare same step to let to me go the night by taking steps with Dali, for fear I cross somebody whom I know. I often have think of going has the hospital but I know that that could make more wrong than of good. I feel that malgre my best intentions, I will land can be the when same one, for lack of another place or I could let to me go.
I am afraid. Extremement fear. I know many women who had illusions of size which ended up sinking in the madness without this madness having value for anyone. I see myself aging, of day in day. I see it by looking me in the mirror the morning, I see it in my relations with the world, I hear it in my comments. I become an insane old woman who forgets the stories that it could have told. I become an insane old woman who loses the wisdom which has not just known. I n`ose to take risks more. I do not want ecrire my memoires is hundred years old. But of what do I today owe ecrire?
A small girl who grows during the millet nine hundred and fifty, what there is has to tell? I did not etais same step a small typical, ordinary girl. I etais already a small insane girl who put balls in her slippers to give the illusion that it carried of the high heels. A small girl who sang, sitted in a corn field or a pre. I had fun has to hide the sticks of my mother while esperant to eat less blows for a few days, but by knowing that I would eat some twice more when it would find new. Already I revais of me echapper of this ugly, mechant, ordinary world. When I see myself today, hardly thirty miles of or I grew, working has small a jobine, elevant my four children, I want to be some! I want to be some! When I see the etendue world, the variete, all this unknown in front of me and that I see myself still here, it is more than I can endure. I really wonder how I could be so ignorant. I do not delude myself. I know qu`il has beauties there here. I know that people are also small and terminals elsewhere than here. It is that me, while living elsewhere, I would know the apprecier better the beauties from here. I would see them of a more neutral eye. In any way, more I age, more people say to me that I do not resemble has anything has a French-speaking person, has one free manitobaine.
With what I do try to come from there? With nothing. Carrie-Lee m`a to invite to say to me that it Marie to September. I believe that Ca the inquiete a little. Gisele said to me that his/her mother is dying and by seeing Sophie this evening, I have find that it has a face different other children. She is very eveillee but I find that she has an eye smaller than the other, which gives him a curious glance. She is nice like all. However, I know that Jean-Pierre and Gisele owe inquieter considering what is master key the week of its birth.
Same board I right to feel sorry for me of my fate? Which etaient my reves of girl? I went has concerts of gands stars and I revais day or me same I would be high-speed motorboat. To show in the world which I could something? I am however not those which seek glory. What do I want? Peace. A place has me. A beautiful place, with colors sharp, heats. A garden which smells good or I can admire the butterflies, the birds.
I dreamed of wonderful lovers; I still dream of wonderful lovers whom for some unknown reason, I'll never be able to make love to freely and passionately like I once dreamed I would. I am a passionate woman who has some deep rooted fears I can't seem to escape. I try and convince myself I will one day conquer those fears but another fear takes over. What if I am destined to be one of those people who really believes she can control her destiny and discovers it's not true? Until now, I've controlled so little of my life. To what point can I change what I am? How can I change the way I take on the world? I just don't know.
Previous
Next
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment